About the teach.Rural Scholarship
If you are planning to complete or are currently completing an initial teacher education degree apply for the teach.Rural Scholarship. Those studying to teach primary, secondary (across any key learning area) or inclusive/special education are invited to apply.
The teach.Rural Scholarship provides financial support of up to $7,500 per year whilst studying full-time, equivalent course contribution fees of up to $50,000 for each unit in which you get a credit grade or above, a permanent teaching position in a rural or remote NSW public school following successful completion of studies, plus a $6,000 appointment allowance. You may also be eligible for a $500 a week rural practicum allowance.
- Up to $50,000 equivalent course contribution fee
- $7,500 per year whilst studying full-time
- $6,000 appointment allowance
- $500 a week rural practicum allowance
- Receive a permanent position in a rural or remote NSW public school upon completion of your studies
- HSC students
- University students
- Indicate your preference to teach in a number of fantastic rural and remote NSW locations
Review the frequently asked questions for more information on eligibility, scholarship payments and your appointment as a teacher.
Contact our Employment Programs team via email@example.com or phone 1300 301 435.
Subscribe to be notified when applications open in 2023.