About the Beyond the Line Program
The Beyond the Line Program supports second and third-year Bachelor of Education and Master of Teaching students to travel with the department on an expenses-paid, week-long study tour to experience teaching at selected regional, rural and remote NSW public schools.
Students participating in the Beyond the Line Program will be able to engage with the local community as well as gain valuable insights from teachers in regional, rural and remote NSW schools.
Two hundred positions will be offered in 2024 across four study tours:
- Study tour 1: Monday 4 March to Friday 8 March 2024
- Study tour 2: Monday 17 June to Friday 21 June 2024
- Study tour 3: Monday 9 September to Friday 13 September 2024
- Study tour 4: Monday 25 November to Friday 29 November 2024.
Applications are currently closed.
Gain valuable experience
- Complete an expenses-paid, week-long study tour through regional, rural and remote NSW
- Visit local schools and learn from experienced teachers
- Connect with other pre-service teachers from universities across NSW
Taste of country life
- Discover school communities in regional, rural and remote NSW
- Experience the country lifestyle
- Explore local landmarks and attractions
- Second and third-year Bachelor of Education and Master of Teaching students
- Willingness to complete a rural practicum experience during final placement/internship or pursue employment in regional, rural or remote NSW public schools upon successful completion of studies.
Online information session
To learn more about the Beyond the Line Program, view the information session recording below hosted by the NSW Department of Education.