Welcome to the NSW Department of Education, or as we call it ‘the department’.
Here at the department we’re committed to being Australia’s best education system and one of the finest in the world. We believe that this all starts with a comprehensive induction for new employees.
The department’s induction framework has been developed to introduce you to your new environment and provide you with all of the essential departmental information you require to be successful in your new role, allowing you to start putting students at the centre of your decision making sooner.
The department’s induction occurs over a six month period and will include:
- accessing and completing online learning
- navigating and locating specific induction information
- on-the-job support, where appropriate.
Completing the department’s induction will ensure you:
- are provided with a consistent and supportive induction experience, regardless of location and role
- are oriented into the culture and understand the departmental support mechanisms available
- understand the department's strategic plan and the role you play in achieving this
- are provided with the foundational skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in your new role
- have increased ease in which you can access and complete mandatory induction training (staff only) and pre-commencement requirements to support legislative requirements
- have access to and know where to find key policies, procedures and guidelines
- are provided with centralised access to induction information.