Child Protection Policy Guidelines: Responding to and reporting students at risk of harm
Guidelines and frequently asked questions related to child protection concerns, covering risk of harm, including significant harm, mandatory reporting, identification and response.
Mandatory Reporter Guide (MRG)
If you are concerned about the wellbeing or safety of a child or young person you are encouraged to use the Mandatory Reporter Guide.
The guide helps determine whether you should make a report to the Child Protection Helpline, or identify alternative ways to support vulnerable children or young people who may be at risk of harm.
Visit the following pages:
- What do I do if I have child protection concerns?
- Reporting to Department of Communities and Justice
- Contacting the Child Wellbeing Unit
- Follow up of concerns
- Other considerations that may apply
- Responding to concerns in specific or unique circumstances