Sports Turf Management Certificate III
This school based apprenticeship is for people wanting to work in the turf sector of the horticulture industry as greenkeepers and groundsmen. Apprentices will learn occupational health and safety practices, environmentally sustainable work practices, irrigation systems installation, operation of specialised machinery and machinery maintenance, plant practice techniques including plant nutrition programs and providing information on plant cultures, pest management techniques of controlling weeds and plant diseases and turf management practices.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III in Sports Turf Management AHC31319 in AHC Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. · A career path into the Horticulture Industry
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- Two years part time during school, followed by three years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment plus the formal training to complete the qualification.
- Certificate III in Sports Turf Management as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
Sports Turf Management
3 units over one year towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship. The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC. This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser or visit our Internet site at education.nsw.gov.au/sbat.