Automotive Glazing Technology Certificate III
Certificate III apprentices perform work to remove, install, repair and manage glazing technical operations of cars and other vehicles within the automotive industry. Apprentices may be employed as a Vehicle Glazing Technician.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Statement of Competencies achieved Certificate III in Automotive – Glazing Technology AUR32220 from the AUR Automotive Industry Retail, Service and Repair Training Package.
- Stage 1 of the Automotive – Glazing Technology Trade.
- Continuation of this trade training as a full time apprentice after school.
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- Two years part time during school, followed by three years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 130 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate III in Automotive – Glazing Technology course as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
Automotive – Glazing Technology
3 units over 1 year credit towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course)
Industry-based Learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser or visit our Internet site at education.nsw.gov.au/sbat.