Contacting existing support networks

You can find support for your child through a variety of government and community services.

You can get in touch with local support services via:

Government resources

Supported playgroups

Lead by early childhood facilitators, supported playgroups are parent or carer and child get-togethers aimed at building your child’s confidence and helping them develop social skills.

These are some of the playgroups designed for children with disability or additional needs. You may also be referred to other playgroups in your local area.

  • Playconnect Playgroups - Playconnect is a playgroup program for children on the autism spectrum or with developmental delays and their families, with over 40 locations across Australia
  • My Time Local Groups - MyTime is an organisation for parents and carers of children with a disability, developmental delay or chronic medical condition. It has local groups which meet regularly.

You can also use the Playgroup NSW website to search for different kinds of playgroups across the state, including playgroups dedicated to children with disability or additional needs.

General disability and carers support organisations

You may find the following organisations can give you support, depending on you and your child’s needs:

Organisations for specific disabilities

These are some of the organisations set up to help support people with specific disabilities.


  • Additional needs
  • Early childhood education


  • Additional needs

Business Unit:

  • Inclusion and Wellbeing
Return to top of page Back to top