Interstate and overseas applicants
For entry in 2022 the Selective High School Test is held in NSW on 11 March 2021 only in NSW. Students living interstate or overseas should travel to NSW sit the test if possible. There is no catch-up test and the test cannot be taken outside NSW. Use one of the following procedures for interstate or overseas students who are unable to sit the test.
- interstate and overseas procedure OR
- illness or misadventure procedure.
Interstate and overseas procedure
If the student is living interstate or overseas but the family will be living in NSW by the start of Year 7 parents can apply for placement. If the student has no school assessment scores from Year 5 in NSW and cannot sit the test you should:
- submit the online application by the due date (available 6 October 2020 to 9 November 2020)
- submit the Report of academic merit form (PDF 181KB) for interstate and overseas applicants by 11 March 2021.
The report of academic merit requires:
- a recent (within the last 2 years), reliable, full scale WISC V or Stanford Binet V IQ report
- standardised test results in reading and mathematics
- a supervised writing task.
Interstate and overseas students do not need to submit school assessment scores as only those from NSW schools in Year 5 can be used in the score claculation.
Returning to sit the test
If interstate and overseas students can sit the test in NSW, applicants should enter in the application a suitable suburb for test centre allocation. A report of academic merit is not required if the student is in NSW to sit the test.
Illness or misadventure procedure
Interstate or overseas applicants can use the illness or misadventure procedure after applying if:
- they are temporarily living outside NSW and will live in NSW by the start of Year 7
- they have attended a NSW primary school in 2020
- they have been given school assessment scores in 2020.
Submit an application by the due date. If unable to travel to NSW to sit the Selective High Schools Placement Test, submit an illness or misadventure request before 25 March 2021.
Go to Illness or misadventure for more details and the link to the Illness/misadventure form.