Retail Baking (Combined) – Certificate III
This course is for people who want to work in the retail baking sector of the food processing industry in cake shops, in-store bakeries and similar outlets. You will learn to make a range of breads, pastries and cakes using baking equipment and machinery.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
Apprentices may work in a retail baking environment with a focus on bread, cakes, pastry and biscuit products. Apprentices will learn to apply occupational health and safety practices, implement food safety programs and procedures, make a range of pastries and breads using baking equipment and machinery, make and decorate cakes and provide and apply workplace knowledge to industry processes.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Statement of Competencies Achieved for Certificate III in Retail Baking (Combined) FBP30517 from the FBP - Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Training Package.
- A career path in the Retail Baking trade.
- Continuation in the Retail Baking (Combined) apprenticeship full time post school.
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- Two years part time during school, followed by three years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment during school plus the formal training required for the qualification.
- Undertake Certificate III in Retail Baking (Combined), and complete Stage 1 of this qualification by the end of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
|Retail Baking Combined||No||Minimum 4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).|
Industry-based learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.