Hospitality Commercial Cookery – Certificate III
The Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) develops the practical and technical skills required by an apprentice, and the underpinning knowledge needed to apply those skills in a hospitality workplace.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
Training includes preparing appetisers/salads, stocks, sauces/soups, vegetables, fruit, and egg dishes, selecting, preparing and cooking poultry, seafood and meat, preparing hot and cold desserts, pastries, cakes and yeast goods. Employment may be in restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, cafeterias and coffee shops.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Statement of Competencies Achieved for Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) SIT30816 from SIT Travel, Tourism, and Hospitality Training Package.
- A career path in the Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) trade.
- Continuation in the Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) apprenticeship full time post school.
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- Two years part time during school, followed by two years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment during school plus the formal training required for the qualification.
- Undertake Certificate III Hospitality (Commercial Cookery), and complete Stage 1 of this qualification by the end of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
Hospitality Commercial Cookery
Minimum 4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.