Complaints, compliments and suggestions
If you have a complaint, compliment or suggestion about any aspect of our services we're keen to hear from you.
Our commitment to you
We will deal with your issue thoroughly and fairly.
We value your feedback
We are constantly improving the way we work, so let us know if you have any suggestions.
We'd also like to know if you think we're doing something well. It helps us to make sure we continue to do great things in public education and training. We'll make sure your message is passed on.
What can a complaint be about?
You can make a complaint about:
- any aspect of the services we provide
- any decision, including those about enrolment
- any practice, policy or procedure
- staff behaviour or conduct.
Making a complaint
We are committed to resolving complaints promptly at a local level. If you wish to make a complaint about a public school, start by talking to the teacher or school principal.
We encourage you to raise your complaint directly in person, by email, over the telephone or by letter if you prefer.
You may also want to use our online "Your Feedback" form – the widget for this form is on the right hand side of this page. This is easy to use – you can provide details of your complaint, compliment or suggestion, and your feedback will be sent to the right place for action.
You can also use our complaints and compliments form (PDF 79.65KB). You will need to print out the form and submit it to the school.
- For complaints, compliments and suggestions about schools, visit our guide for parents, carers and students.
- To make a complaint about a school principal or about a broader function of the department, you can use the online form on this page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For complaints, compliments or suggestions about a service provided by one of the administrative directorates or workplaces, contact that service area and ask to speak to a manager.
- Department employees can file complaints about fellow employees through Employee Performance and Conduct (staff only). Our policy Our Complaints Handling Policy and associated procedures provide policy and guidelines for handling complaints.