Closing the gap: case studies
These case studies were originally published 15 November 2017.
These case studies illustrate how five NSW primary schools have achieved high learning growth for their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. This work supports the 'Closing the Gap' strategy, a Council of Australian Governments commitment.
- Aldavilla Public School - focus on high expectations, literacy and numeracy, and engaging Aboriginal students, parents and community.
- Ashmont Public School - focus on high expectations and engaging students in learning, literacy and numeracy, using data to inform practice, and recognising and celebrating Aboriginal culture in the school.
- Batemans Bay Public School - focus on creation of a learning culture, parent and community participation, and celebrating Aboriginal culture.
- Doonside Public School - focus on high expectations, using data to inform practice, and community engagement.
- Westport Public School - focus on continuously improving teaching practice, student wellbeing, and acknowledging Aboriginal culture.