CESE undertakes in-depth analysis of education programs and outcomes across early childhood, school, training, and higher education to inform whole-of-government, evidence-based decision making. Put simply, it seeks to find out what works best. Its focus is all education in NSW.
The Centre’s main responsibilities within the department are:
- Qualitative and quantitative research, including data analysis, evidence papers and case studies that build understanding and uptake of evidence-based practice.
- Robust data collection to enable research and statistics for the education and training sector.
- Evaluating key policies and programs to strengthen quality delivery and student outcomes.
- National engagement on research agenda and data strategy.
- Driving capability uplift in use of data and evidence as part of everyday practice.
- Trialling innovative initiatives to improve student outcomes.