Toomelah Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a Teacher or Assistant Principal and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement at teacher level.
Primary Teacher: The Toomelah Experience!
Toomelah Public School, Boggabilla NSW
Placement level: Teacher OR Assistant Principal
Contact for enquiries: Greg Bass (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 07 4676 2223 or 0417 420 905
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Far North area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
This will be an on class placement, team teaching and utilising your skills and expertise to drive innovation and change at Toomelah PS. We are seeking quality educators with a focus on hands on learning and ability to embrace technology. We will focus on outdoor learning such as taking the kids to the river for canoeing and lessons.
The placement will be tailored to teacher or assistant principal level depending on the successful applicant/s.
We have a 4 bedroom house that staff are welcome to come and stay rent free.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Toomelah Public School is an amazing school with 42 students K-6. We are a short drive to Goondiwindi (QLD) which has Coles, etc and approx. 4 hours from Byron Bay and the Gold Coast - great for weekends away.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)