Tingha Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Multistage (including RFF)
Tingha Public School, Tingha NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Melinda Partridge (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 6723 3437
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Glen Innes area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The successful applicant will be involved in delivering lessons to students from Kindergarten to Year 6 in multi-staged classes. This may incorporate a Release from Face-to-Face capacity. The successful applicant will be committed to working in collaboration with the Principal, teaching and non-teaching staff to implement learning and support initiatives to support the learning and wellbeing needs of the students. The anticipated teaching load of the placement will be 0.6 teaching and 0.4 Learning and Support.
Additional commitments: Extra-curricular responsibilities will be negotiated.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Experience in or willingness to lead learning and support initiatives incorporating wellbeing programs
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community
Tingha’s main service town is Inverell, located 26 kilometres away. Teacher Housing may be available in Inverell. Rental accommodation is also available in Inverell, this ranges from small bedroom units to larger houses that could accommodate families.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Tingha Public School is a rural school, situated within a small community 26 kilometres from its main service town, Inverell. Tingha Public School proudly sits on Gomeroi country. The school has 29 students, with 85% who identify as Aboriginal. The school is committed to providing a well-rounded education which fully develops the capabilities of all students. The school provides our dedicated staff with valuable professional development to ensure all students learn in quality environments.
Tingha Public School is committed to implementing high quality evidence-based practices to extend student achievement. The school works in close partnership with the Sapphire Community of Schools to implement highly effective, evidence-based teaching and learning strategies to enhance student outcomes. Students of Tingha Public School are encouraged to succeed and celebrate achievements. Our school has a strong focus on developing the students' social and emotional regulation. Explicit teaching of positive behaviours for learning aims to engender in students a sense of pride, self-worth and purpose. The schools' Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) core values are Proud, Strong, Safe and Respectful.
Tingha Public School encourages active partnership within the school and wider community. We value the participation of parents and community members in sharing in the education of their children at every opportunity. Our dedicated staff are committed to working with families to equip students with the skills and confidence to become positive and active citizens of the school, Tingha and wider community. Tingha Public School is a very caring and supportive learning environment which is student focused. Please check out our Tinny's Times Facebook page to gain a clearer insight into our wonderful school and the opportunities we provide our students.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)