Railway Town Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Classroom or special interest
Railway Town Public School, Broken Hill NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Elizabeth Gleeson (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 08 8087 3008 or 0412 256 221
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Broken Hill area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed
Private rentals are available through town’s real estate agents. Teacher Housing may be available.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Railway Town Public School is a P1 classified school located in Broken Hill in the Far West of NSW. Our enrolment numbers are currently 122 students. The school has a current student population of 31% identifying as having an Aboriginal background. The school has 6 mainstream classes from K-6 and one Multi Categorical support class. Our school is supported by an Assistant Principal Curriculum and Instruction and interventionists.
The school has a strong commitment to implementing quality learning programs in literacy and numeracy, student well-being, health and physical activity as well as promoting a growth mindset in all students. The school motto of 'Scholarship, Citizenship & Sportsmanship', and our Core Values of Be Respectful, Be a Team Player, Be Proud and Be Safe underpin all that we do at Railway Town Public School.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)