Morgan Street Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Classroom or special interest
Morgan Street Public School, Broken Hill NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Elizabeth Duncan (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 08 8087 5155
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Broken Hill area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the department's Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing.
Private rentals, shared housing and caravan parks are avaialable in Broken Hill.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Morgan Street Public School is located in Broken Hill in far west NSW. In 2022 our school has a student enrolment of 295. 13% of students identify as having an Aboriginal background. Our current FOEI is 96 and our students come from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds.
The school enjoys close ties with its community and the range of programs acknowledges both community and individual student needs. The school provides a wide range of sporting options, enrichment programs and learning support programs in literacy and numeracy. The school has a proud tradition of achievement in the creative arts. Morgan Street Public School has a strong team of innovative, professional and dedicated teaching and nonteaching staff who are at various stages of their careers.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)