Leeton Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Leeton Public School is seeking an innovative classroom teacher who is energetic, caring, open to new learning and enjoys working in a collaborative environment focussed on improving student learning outcomes.
The successful applicant will be involved in delivering programs to support the enhancement of literacy and numeracy growth across our school in line with our Strategic Improvement Plan. The successful applicant will work in close collaboration with the Assistant Principal Curriculum & Instruction, Learning and Support Team and Stage Teams and support the analysis of student data and monitor student progress to determine and implement strategic teaching interventions in literacy and numeracy.
Additional commitments: Extra-curricular responsibilities will be negotiated and could include sport, dance, choir and debating, depending on applicants relevant experience. Participation in extra-curricula activities linked to areas of interest is welcomed.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6 with recent school-based experience
- Demonstrated ability and experience in assessing and providing personalised support to students in regular classes with additional learning needs in literacy and numeracy.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in catering for the diverse needs of students K-6.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with capacity to work collaboratively with students, staff and community.
Rental accommodation is available in Leeton. Private Accommodation (through agents) is available where short and long term rentals can be accessed. The school may be able to arrange short term accommodation whilst the successful candidate gets settled in the town.
Teacher Housing may be available at the time.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Leeton Public School is located on Wiradjuri land in the Riverina area of NSW, with an enrolment of approximately 320 students, including 7% Aboriginal students and 15% English as an Additional Language or Dialect students. The school is well-resourced with excellent facilities and set on attractive grounds and central to all town facilities. We offer a broad curriculum to meet the needs of all our students to prepare them for a productive and successful future.
The Family Occupation and Education Index of the school has remained relatively consistent over the last five years with an average of 93.6. Leeton Public School delivers a broad curriculum to meet the needs of all students and prepare them for a productive and successful future. The school offers an extensive range of opportunities to pursue academic, social, sporting and cultural achievements. These include various dance groups. choir, debating teams, chess club, spelling competitions along with individual and team sporting opportunities.
Leeton is a vibrant rural community and home to the Murrumbidgee Irrigation District. It has outstanding business, sporting and hospitality facilities, access to the nearby Murrumbidgee River and Murrumbidgee Valley National Parks and has regular daily flights to Sydney.
Leeton Public School has a school leadership team comprising of the Principal, Assistant Principal Curriculum & Instruction and four Assistant Principals. There are approximately thirty full-time and part-time staff, working collaboratively in the best interests of all students. The school values collaborative partnerships with the local network of schools and is a proud member of the Leeton Community of Public Schools.
Leeton Public School has strong relationships and connections with the Parents & Citizens Association as well as the broader parent and wider community.
More information about living in Leeton is available on the Leeton Shire website
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)