Gwabegar Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirments in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Multi-stage Classroom or special interest
Gwabegar Public School, Gwabegar NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Tracy McGlashan (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 6843 6252
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Narrabri area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, RFF, or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6, across multi-stage classrooms
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high-quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the Department’s Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student well-being.
Teacher housing directly opposite the school may be available, this will cater to both individuals and families. There are private rentals that may be available also in Baradine (38kms away, on a sealed road) having a supermarket, chemist, hospital, and Doctors surgery.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Gwabegar Public School is a Primary school, catering Kinder to Year 6 and operates a supported playgroup once a week for 2 hours for the younger members of our community, having access to Early Years Education. 200kms North West of Dubbo in the Central West of NSW. We currently have eight students across K-5 for 2023. Our school is well-resourced and supported by a great P&C committee to support the students. Our staff are well informed and work together to reach goals effectively.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)