Gravesend Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Gravesend is seeking a dynamic teacher who has a high level of interest in embracing rural NSW. The role requires someone interested in all KLA’s with a focus on Aspiring Leadership Opportunities and whole school teaching and learning.
We are currently part of a Community of Schools including Pallamallawa PS, Mallawa PS and Croppa Creek PS, to name a few, all with whom we have combined learning experiences. The school seeks someone wanting to join our team to help build whole school programs and high-quality learning experiences for students in all KLAs.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Approval to teach K-6, and be willing to experience multi-stage classes.
- Demonstrated ability to implement high quality teaching and learning programs, supporting diverse student needs, with experience in Project-Based Learning and STEAM being preferable.
- Commitment to working as a team both within and across schools, to implement quality educational programs, supporting a positive whole school culture and engaging with additional roles as part of the Barwon Network.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in all school programs and collaborate with all staff to deliver similar experiences in a small school that students would experience in a larger school, sometimes these experiences are across schools in specific areas, such as STEAM. Collaboration occurs across a group of schools and shared planning and programming is encouraged.
The teaching load of the placement will be full time with collaborations leading to whole school team teaching and opportunities within set projects, across schools in an aspiring leader capacity.
The local Real Estate in Warialda is 20mins drive from Gravesend and is a small country town. There are rental opportunities that arise in the township, they could be applied for. Bingara is a picturesque town about 45mins from Gravesend, with great fishing. Accommodation can be sought from the local Real Estate agents. The situation is the same for Moree which is a 45min drive from Gravesend. There are a number of rental agencies here also. All of these options require the applicant to apply for accommodations and fill in a lease. There are more services in Moree that can be accessed compared to the other two options listed.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
School Vision Statement: Gravesend Public School has a culture of high expectations where we equip students with the tools to be successful, confident and creative individuals. Our staff is innovative, dynamic and committed to quality teaching and learning. We work together as a whole school community to prepare and inspire our students to be their best in an evolving global society. We are family orientated and work closely as part of a collaborative team with our whole school community.
School context: Gravesend Public School is located in North Western New South Wales, 25km West of Warialda and 55km East of Moree. It is a small, rural school that directly caters for the educational needs of its students from Transition to Year 6. The school prides itself on a reputation for achievement in academics, cultural events and sports.
Current enrolments total 20 students, with two full-time teachers and a part-time School Administration Manager. The teaching staff is committed to continuous improvement and delivering a high quality curriculum in an enjoyable, supportive and stimulating learning environment. Gravesend Public School enjoys support and commitment from the whole school community. We provide significant extra-curricula opportunities often in partnership with surrounding schools. These experiences inspire students to be active and engaged citizens.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)