Euabalong West PS
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Primary Teacher: Classroom or special interest
Euabalong West Public School, Euabalong West NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Khrystyna Greenfield (Principal), Khrystyna.firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 6896 6649
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Condobolin area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, RFF or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high-quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the Department’s Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Teacher housing may be available, Private Rentals, Shared Housing, Lakeview Caravan Park (Lake Cargelligo) may be available.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Euabalong West Public School is a small rural school in the Riverina Region, South-western NSW with a current enrolment of 19 students including 11 students that identify as Aboriginal. The school caters for families located in the towns of Euabalong and Euabalong West, as well as families located on local farming properties. The school is located in the Central West of New South Wales approximately 170 kilometres from the regional centre of Griffith and 36km north of Lake Cargelligo.
Euabalong West Public School is an integral member of the Rural Innovative Educational Network (RIEN) of small schools. Through the RIEN the school participates in a variety of student activities including Spelling Bee competitions, debating and joint excursions to promote socialisation. This network also support collaboration between the schools in teaching and learning as well as leadership.
We have a close, friendly and supportive community, and teachers work closely together to ensure students can achieve their best possible potential.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)