Delegate Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirments in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
RFF Teacher - Library and STEAM
Delegate Public School, Delegate NSW
Placement level: Teacher
Contact for enquiries: Brad Bannister (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 6458 8183 or 0413 609 970
Additional resources: explore what it's like to live and work in the Snowy Mountains area.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role Description: The successful Applicant will be:
- Involved in delivering RFF to both classes (K12 and 3456) through Library and STEAM Lessons each week
- Required to participate in all school activities, including extra-curricular sporting, cultural and well-being initiatives
- Committed to working with staff and principal in the implementation of the School Improvement Plan, including supporting students from both classes with intensive literacy and numeracy support.
The anticipated teaching load will be 1.0 Full-Time
Additional Commitments: Extra-curricular responsibilities include leading Sport and PE initiatives across the school.
Desired Candidate Expertise:
- Approval/willingness to teach Kindergarten to Year 6
- Interest in/willingness to teach Library, STEAM and Sport
- Well-developed skills in teaching K-6
- Knowledge of online learning platforms and supporting students with numeracy and literacy development.
In the township of Delegate, there is accommodation available through the local Delegate Progress Association, as well as local rental properties that may be available through local contacts. Teacher Housing may be available in the neighbouring township of Bombala (36km away), however, this may be in a shared capacity. Bombala also has local homes that come up for rent often through local real estate agents.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Delegate Public School is an educational institution of an extremely high standing in both the local community and wider educational network. Current enrolment is 31 students in two classes, a K12 and 3456. The school is extremely well resourced, including allocation of one-to-one technology for all students. A wide range of state-of-the-art STEAM equipment, including robotics, coding and 3D printing is available. All Classroom Learning Spaces are fully equipped with two state of the art touch screen panels and the Library, Music Room and Stephanie Alexander Kitchen spaces have one touch screen panel in each of them.
Delegate Public School is extremely proud of their Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program that operates each week. Students manage and have access to a well-stocked and high-quality Vegetable Garden as well as a purposely built commercial grade kitchen that is the envy of many high schools. The school employs both a Garden and Kitchen Specialist each week to facilitate this program.
The school has its own 25-seat School Bus that allows students, staff, and community the opportunity to access extra-curricular activities with ease.
The school has close ties to the University of Canberra through the implementation of our innovative ASPIRE Program to raise educational aspirations amongst the Delegate Community. This initiative sees nine reciprocal visits between the school and university each year.
Our geographical location is ideally located for a wide range of recreational activities. Located halfway between the coastal townships of Merimbula/Pambula and the NSW Snowfields of Perisher Valley/Thredbo makes Delegate the ideal location for all season's activities to take place during a teacher's downtime. Our nearest town of Bombala has all amenities needed and is 36km away. Cooma is a little over an hour away where larger supermarkets are available to all. Delegate has a Café, General Store, two Petrol Stations, a Golf Club (18 holes) and a friendly Hotel.
Staff are highly supportive of each other, students, and the wider community. The culture within the staff is extremely positive and one where everyone is known, valued, and cared for.
For further information about our school, please visit our School Facebook Page to see the wonderful things happening at our school.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)