Darlington Point Public School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2024 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The successful applicant will be:
- involved in delivering intervention support to targeted students, they will also be required to provide RFF for some teachers across the school.
- required to collaborate with the school’s Instruction leader to develop and deliver intervention support to targeted students.
- committed to working towards school improvement measures with a specific focus on teaching reading.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval and experience teaching K-6, with demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching and management in a combined stage/cross stage setting.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging, teaching and learning programs and analyse data to drive differentiated literacy and numeracy programs that cater for the individual learning needs of all students
- Demonstrated capacity to implement evidence-based and innovative pedagogies to improve student engagement and wellbeing with a focus on behaviour management in the classroom.
- Outstanding communication skills with the demonstrated capacity to build and strengthen relationships between students, staff and the wider community
- Knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to working with Aboriginal students, their families and the wider community.
The successful applicant would need to source their own accommodation as there is no Teacher Housing in Darlington Point. It is common for teachers to reside in Griffith which is a 30-minute drive from the school. Real estate agents in Griffith usually manage the rental properties in and around Darlington Point.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Darlington Point Public School is in the Murrumbidgee Shire provides a dynamic and caring educational environment in which all its students access quality educational programs within a varied and balanced curriculum.
Situated on Wiradjuri land, 36km South of Griffith, the school enjoys a positive relationship with the community, where parents and caregivers are strongly involved in numerous school activities throughout the year. The school is comprised of 75 students with 34 identifying as Aboriginal.
The school has a staffing entitlement of 6 teachers, including a teaching Principal who continually enhance students' educational opportunities through the incorporation of initiatives in the areas of literacy, numeracy, student well-being, technology, sport and the performing arts. This has brought about widespread recognition of excellence within the school and its wider community.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)