Boggabilla Central School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Are you looking for a dynamic and progressive school that values collaboration and innovation?
We are seeking a teacher who is focussed on student improvement and thrives working in a collaborative teaching environment.
The placement will be tailored dependent on your experience, interests and expertise. It could be having their own class, implementing intervention programs, or opportunities to lead whole school programs relating to our school priority areas.
Additional commitments: Significant opportunities for professional growth will be provided by the school internally and externally. Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest will be supported.
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6
- Capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Ability to implement Aboriginal perspectives to enhance quality outcomes for Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Teacher housing may be available, with the majority of staff living in nearby Goondiwindi (QLD). There are many private rentals options ranging from 1-bedroom units to large family homes on acreage. Many short-term rentals come partly or fully furnished.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Boggabilla Central School is a vibrant P-12 school in the Barwon Network of schools and is included in the Connected Communities Strategy. At Boggabilla, the staff are committed to the provision of outstanding educational, cultural and social programs aimed at ensuring all students have the opportunity to realise their potential and achieve their best in all areas. Boggabilla promotes a culture of collaboration and inclusiveness.
Boggabilla is located on the Queensland border and is 10km from the larger town of Goondiwindi. Toowoomba 220km and Brisbane is 350km away. The nearest airport is at Moree 120km from Boggabilla with daily flights to Sydney.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)