Barellan Central School
General program enquiries (including application status updates) should be directed to the Rural Experience Program team: email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820
Eligibility criteria for this placement:
- Permanent employees who hold a substantive position as a teacher and meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
- Non-permanent employees (those on a temporary engagement / contract and casual employees) who meet the eligibility requirements in the Rural Experience Guidelines may apply for this placement.
Terms 1 - 4, 2023 (Applicants can request a shorter duration in their application).
Role description: The placement will be tailored dependent on the skillset of the applicant. It could involve running programs across a range of classes, implementing intervention programs, or opportunities to explore and lead whole school programs related to information literacy and reading.
Additional commitments: Participation in extra-curricular activities based on interest is welcomed
Desired candidate expertise:
- Approval to teach K-6 or 7-12
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team and build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering high quality, differentiated teaching and learning programs with an emphasis on student engagement.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement the DoE Aboriginal education policy to enhance quality outcomes for all Aboriginal students.
- Commitment to student wellbeing
Teacher Housing was renovated in 2019 with new installations throughout. It is anticipated that in 2023 there will be a vacant 2-bedroom teaching housing flat. There are a number of Teacher Housing houses that are currently tenanted, however their tenancy for 2023 is yet to be confirmed. There may also be availability for Teacher Housing in neighbouring towns.
There is also limited availability for rental accommodation in the neighbouring towns of Leeton, Griffith and Narrandera.
Please note: Teacher Housing availability can depend upon a variety of factors, including vacancy status and potential priority offers to other staff with full time rural appointments. Teacher Housing Authority (THA) may not be able to confirm allocation of properties until all applications have been received and processed. Applicants are encouraged to discuss property availability directly with THA. Participants of the Rural Experience Program are not eligible for the Housing Rental Subsidy but may rent a property (at market value) through the THA if available.
Barellan Central School (current enrolment of 81 students, including 17% Aboriginal students) is a K–12 school located in the northern Riverina of NSW, 49km North of Leeton and 55km East of Griffith.
Our school provides highly successful vocational education and training programs. We are one of six central schools which make up the successful Riverina Access Partnership (RAP), utilising a range of technologies to deliver a broad curriculum choice in completing the Higher School Certificate curriculum.
The school’s strategic directions include a sustained focus on effective use of assessment to inform learning, collaborative explicit instruction and connected learning communities.
The school is strongly supported by an active and involved P&C.
The school has numerous ramps installed throughout the school for comprehensive accessibility.
How to apply for this placement
- Refer to the Guide to Applying as you prepare your application
- Complete the online application form and answer the placement questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the program in general and specifically this placement? (max 600 words)
- What skills and experiences can you bring to the Rural Experience School? Why would you be a good fit for this placement (max 600 words)
- Attach the required documentation to your application:
- Endorsement of Application form (saved as a PDF)
- Resume / CV (maximum 2 pages as a PDF)