Rural Experience Program
About the Rural Experience Program
Need a breath of fresh air? The Rural Experience Program provides experienced permanent teachers with the opportunity to take up a short-term placement in a rural or remote NSW public school.
Placements are created by principals and are fully or co-funded by the Rural and Remote Education initiative in cooperation with rural placement host schools.
Placements are above establishment at the rural placement host school. Successful applicants will be eligible for a program allowance consisting of $500 (gross) at the commencement of their placement and $500 (gross) per week in addition to their teaching salary for the duration of their placement.
To apply, you will need to match your skills and interests with a placement position - and be ready to move if you are successful.
Applications for placements will reopen in 2022.
- $500 on commencement of placement
- $500 allowance per week of placement
Taste of country life
- Short-term experience in a rural school
- Indicate your preference to teach in a number of fantastic locations across NSW
- Permanent teachers and leaders with the NSW Department of Education
Subscribe to be notified when applications open in 2022.