The Mathematics Retraining Program supports experienced primary and secondary trained teachers looking to progress their careers as in-field secondary mathematics teachers or head teachers - mathematics.
Mathematics Retraining Program participants will have the opportunity to complete a fully funded master’s program, graduate diploma or graduate certificate at the University of Newcastle. The department and the University of Newcastle will support teachers to choose the most suitable course for them based on their prior experience and career goals.
Study full-time (40 hours per week) or part-time (20 hours per week)
- Master’s Program
- Graduate Diploma
- Graduate Certificate
- Complete online modules
- Receive support from a university facilitator
Ongoing mentoring and support
- Complete professional learning on applying mathematical concepts
- Receive individual mentoring from an experienced mathematics teacher
- Access facilitated networking opportunities
Enhance your career
Upon completion of the program, participants may:
- remain in their current mathematics position
- move to a new mathematics role (self-directed)
- be appointed to a permanent mathematics position in a NSW public school.
Online information webinar
To learn more about the Mathematics Retraining Program, view the information session recordings hosted by the NSW Department of Education below.
Mathematics Retraining Program - Participant Information Session
Mathematics Retraining/Mentoring Program Drop-in Session
Subscribe to be notified about program updates.