Going to university

Universities provide a range of support services for students with additional learning and support needs or disability.

The support services may include planning for assessment adjustments, exam provisions, equipment and assistive technology provision, liaison and advice and advocacy, among other services. University disability advisors are available to meet prospective students or to answer questions by phone to help them plan for their university studies.

High school students should contact disability advisers at the universities they are considering.

Even if they are unsure of their university destination, making contact can enable students to find out how the system works at university – in case they do need help or adjustments.

Information on university admission and available support can be viewed via Alternate University entry options.

Your child can also find out more about their post-school options via the Senior Pathways factsheets.


  • After school


  • Additional needs

Business Unit:

  • Inclusion and Wellbeing
Return to top of page Back to top