Lifelong learning opportunities for teachers
Approved teachers can be supported to retrain in high-demand or specialist teaching areas.
Applications for the NSW Department of Education’s Teach and Learn Scholarship Programs are now open.
Approved teachers can now be supported to retrain as a teacher of a high-demand or specialist teaching area.
There are two scholarship programs on offer, find out which one is right for you:
- Teach and Learn Scholarship for High Demand Subject Areas - for teachers looking to retrain in mathematics, physics, engineering studies, agriculture or industrial technology – metal and/or timber.
- Teach and Learn Scholarship for Specialist Teaching Areas - for teachers looking to gain additional competencies as a teacher librarian, careers adviser or English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EAL/D) teacher.
Teach and Learn scholars receive:
- up to $20,000 per year of full-time study
- $500 per week while completing a practicum
- up to eight days of study leave per year of full-time study.