Lifelong learning opportunities for teachers
Approved teachers can be supported to retrain in high-demand or specialist teaching areas.
18 August 2020
Applications for the NSW Department of Education’s Teach and Learn Scholarship Programs are now open.
Approved teachers can now be supported to retrain as a teacher of a high-demand or specialist teaching area.
There are two scholarship programs on offer, find out which one is right for you:
- Teach and Learn Scholarship for High Demand Subject Areas - for teachers looking to retrain in mathematics, physics, engineering studies, agriculture or industrial technology – metal and/or timber.
- Teach and Learn Scholarship for Specialist Teaching Areas - for teachers looking to gain additional competencies as a teacher librarian, careers adviser or English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EAL/D) teacher.
Teach and Learn scholars receive:
- up to $20,000 per year of full-time study
- $500 per week while completing a practicum
- up to eight days of study leave per year of full-time study.