Government school student attendance 2012
This bulletin was originally published 12 April 2013.
Student attendance has been demonstrated to be linked to student academic outcomes, although the nature of the link is complex. CESE’s Government School Student Attendance 2012 bulletin summarises attendance rates by:
- school type
- Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students
- school size and location.
CESE’s analysis of Semester 1 2012 attendance data indicates that the average attendance rate for NSW government schools was 92.0 per cent. The attendance rate for all students in NSW government schools decreased slightly by 0.1 per cent in 2012; from 92.1 per cent in 2011.
For more information
- To access data, visit the NSW Education Data Hub.
- To read our other statistical publications.
- The Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation is committed to making online content accessible to the widest possible audience. If you require an accessible version of a PDF published prior to 2018 please contact us.