The national assessment program literacy and numeracy (NAPLAN) tests will change from paper to online assessment by 2020. The move to NAPLAN Online will bring new benefits for students and teachers.
Significant planning, research and trialling has been ongoing since 2012 to support the move to NAPLAN Online. Online testing creates new opportunities that are not possible with paper tests.
- NAPLAN Online will provide better assessment, more precise results and faster turnaround of information.
- Most students find online assessment more engaging.
- NAPLAN Online will use tailored testing, which gives students questions better suited to their ability, resulting in more detailed individual assessment.
- Online assessment will reduce the time it takes to mark and provide feedback to schools and teachers.
- The precision and improved timing of the results will help teachers streamline their teaching more specifically to student needs.
- Once all schools complete NAPLAN online, student results will be returned to parents and carers within weeks of the NAPLAN test, as opposed to months.
For further information about NAPLAN Online benefits, visit the ACARA website.