The Initial Teacher Education Pathway of the Riverina Teaching Hub Program is based on the Alphacrucis University College Teaching Hub model, supporting school leavers and career changers from the Riverina region to become secondary teachers in local NSW public schools.
Participants will be supported to complete a teaching qualification including a Bachelor of Education (Secondary) double-degree or a Master of Teaching (Secondary) qualification with the University of New South Wales (UNSW) through a mixed mode of delivery, on-site at a local school and online, removing the need to travel to the UNSW main campus. Participants will also benefit from gaining real classroom experience from day one, through undertaking paid part-time employment as an educational paraprofessional whilst studying.
Benefits and support
- $7,500 annual training allowance per year of full-time study
- Ability to study locally
- Paid part-time employment as an educational paraprofessional whilst studying
- Networking opportunities with local program participants
- Receive a permanent position in a NSW public school at an agreed location upon successful completion of studies
Eligible UNSW degrees*
- Bachelor of Arts/Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Science/Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Commerce/Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Economics/Education (Secondary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
*Please refer to the FAQs for more information on course duration and subject specialisations.
Review the frequently asked questions for more information on eligibility, program payments and your appointment as a teacher.
To find out more about the UNSW course offerings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9065 2650.
For all other questions, please email email@example.com.
Subscribe to be notified of program updates.