Develop a new policy and resources on inclusive education to strengthen inclusive practice in NSW public schools.
- Improved clarity around roles and responsibilities under the Disability Standards for Education 2005
- Strengthened inclusive practice and pedagogy across NSW public schools
What will success look like?
- Students with disability are learning to their fullest capability
- Teachers are equipped with access to knowledge and resources that enable them to identify opportunities and implement adjustments and activities with confidence
How will success be measured?
- Feedback from parents, students and staff
- Monitoring of complaints and feedback data
- Website traffic data for the Inclusive Practice Hub
- We will explore additional opportunities for measuring the success of these initiatives
Key project milestones
- Publication of Inclusive Education Policy for Students with Disability and practice resources: Term 3 2021
- Supported familiarisation activities throughout Term 3 and 4 2021
- Division: Learning Improvement
- Project executive: Executive Director, Inclusion and Wellbeing
- Project lead: Director, Disability Strategy