Inclusive Career Learning & Professional Learning
Co-design and deliver professional learning to build the capacity and knowledge of Careers and Transition Advisers to improve the career education and transition outcomes of young people with disability.
- Strengthen the knowledge and understanding of Careers and Transition Advisers to enable them to better support the career aspirations of students with disability.
- Planning for students with disability is collaborative and informed.
- Establish professional learning that can be delivered consistently across NSW, and contains links to resources and key contacts.
- Provide professional learning that contributes to elective PD.
- Professional learning can be delivered virtually to extend the reach across NSW and not disadvantage rural and remote schools.
What will success look like?
- Professional learning will be well subscribed.
- Post learning surveys indicate participant confidence and knowledge levels have increased.
- Teachers supporting students with disability are provided relevant information and advice to support identified career and transition pathway planning.
How will success be measured?
- Pre and post training surveys.
- Data extracted from the annual School to Work report.
- Feedback from Careers and Transition Advisers.
Key project milestones
- Professional learning sessions are delivered in Term 3 and Term 4 2021.
- Division: Education and Skills Reform
- Project executive: Director, Pathways and Transitions
- Project lead: Career Learning Advisor