- Every school leader* understands their legal obligations under the Disability Standards for Education (DSE) and uses it as a first step in building an inclusive school culture.
- Encourage more staff to complete the e-learning modules
*School leaders are defined as Directors, Education Leadership, Principals, Deputy Principals, Assistants Principals and Head Teachers.
- Create cultural change in all schools to support inclusion of students with disability.
- Increase teachers’ confidence and ability in teaching students with disability.
- Create a fundamental foundational knowledge in supporting students with disability, to support continued professional learning for students with disability.
What will success look like?
- Students with disability are learning to their fullest capability and on the same basis as students without a disability.
- Teachers are equipped with the knowledge to identify opportunities and implement adjustments with confidence.
- Families of students with disability feel included in the process of identifying and implementing reasonable adjustments, and welcome to the school.
How will success be measured?
- Monitoring completion of the Disability Standards for Education Leaders course.
Key project milestones
- Ongoing: All Education Leaders complete the mandated training
- Ongoing: Newly appointed leaders are engaged early to enrol and complete the training
- Division: Learning Improvement
- Project executive: Executive Director, Inclusion and Wellbeing
- Project lead: Director, Disability Strategy