The Digital Experience Design (DxD) team manages the Digital Experience Platform, called Adobe Experience Manager via a product management process. The platform manages 2,200 school websites, the public website and intranet.
Work/development is conducted via continuous release/continuous improvement and is schedule via a backlog. Consistency is maintained via the department's Global Experience Language (GEL), also known as our Design system. Each release requires accessibility testing to ensure we maintain the current WCAG compliance/standards.
Backlog of items
Work on accessibility improvements is managed through epics/stories, these include:
- Review of current pattern library and possible alignment to NSW.GOV’s pattern library
- Review possible move to material design as a potential upgrade for the GEL, currently built on Bootstrap.
- Review current Accessibility Tool
- Identify potential automation for accessible code/upgrades
- Work with Adobe via their Customer Advisory Board (CAB) to improve accessibility of the authoring interface.
- Ensure DoE’s Pattern Library maintains the WCAG compliance/standards.
- Uplift accessibility of the authoring interface for Adobe sites
How will success be measured?
- Maintain AA compliance
- SLAs for accessibility issues:
- Sev 1 - close out within 6 weeks
- Quarterly reporting of accessibility issues
- Aim for a zero complaints rate for accessibility
Key project milestones
- Ongoing: Accessibility Testing Reporting - WCAG compliance/standards
- December 2021: GEL Review – Finding Report
- December 2021: Review current Accessibility Tool
- March 2022: Code automation/process improvement
- December 2022: GEL updates
- Division: Operations Group
- Project executive: Executive Director, Customer Experience and Service Delivery (CESD)
- Project lead: Director, Digital Experience Design