Information about the project including details of loan kits for schools, professional learning events, online workshops and all things stem.T4L.
About the project
stem.T4L (previously STEMShare Community) is a coordinated program of STEM technology kits (stem.T4L kits), teacher training, curriculum-linked learning challenges and an online community of practice to empower schools to teach students the skills to solve the problems of tomorrow.
stem.T4L aims to:
- raise awareness of the effective use of technology to improve student learning
- create a sustainable STEM community of practice within the NSW Department of Education
- enable teachers to understand, experience and embed STEM technologies into teaching and learning
- support student's capabilities to use technology for learning and to build digital resilience.
A core part of the project is the delivery of up to 660 loan stem.T4L kits to public schools across NSW. These kits will remain with schools for one term or one semester, depending on the kit, providing teachers and students with an opportunity to experience and road test STEM-infused digital technologies.
The kits include a combination of:
- tablet robotics kits
- PC robotics kits
- filmmaking studios
- virtual reality packs
- 3D printing stations
- 360° cameras
- virtual coding kit.
These kits will come ready to function out of the box, complete with computers and tablets to make implementation easy. Want to know what's in the kits? Visit the kits overview to find out more.
In addition to the kits, the procurement portal has been set up to empower schools to configure and acquire their own STEM technology kit that meets the individual needs of their community. For more information, visit buying equipment.
One of the most important parts of the stem.T4L project will be a suite of learning challenges linked to each element of the stem.T4L kits.
These challenges will be:
- Project based: Solving solutions to real problems in the community in which students live and learn.
- Work samples: Learning challenges are complete with student work samples to show what successful learning looks like.
- Syllabus mapped: Mapped to the NSW K-6 Science and Technology, Stage 4 Mandatory Technology syllabuses and ICT General capabilities.
- Marking criteria: All projects come with completed marking criteria to support teachers successfully complete major projects.
The stem.T4L Learning Library is the platform for all the learning challenges and resources for stem.T4L, accessible from My Learning Tools section in the staff portal. Here you will also find information about the kits, professional learning events, online workshops and all things stem.T4L.
The stem.T4L Learning Library will be enhanced regularly with new and exciting teaching and learning resources which will support the teaching of STEM.
To ensure teachers and students make the most of the opportunities stem.T4L presents, the stem.T4L kits and learning challenges will be supported by a comprehensive program of professional learning.
Registered, hands-on and classroom-focused, the learning has been designed to provide the confidence to implement the stem.T4L project in the classroom.
The training will cover:
- Equipment: Discover and explore the possibilities of the equipment in the stem.T4L kits.
- Creation: Plan to lead STEM learning in your classroom and school as you explore learning scaffolds and templates.
- Learning challenges: Explore, experiment and deliver the key learning challenges.
Professional learning courses from the stem.T4L team can be found on workshops and events.
All schools can book stem.T4L kits through the new stem.T4L Kit Booking System. The booking system can be initially accessed by principals via the staff portal and selecting the icon My School Library in essentials. When selected, you will see in the drop-down list a new option for stem.T4L Kit Booking System and you can book the stem.T4L kits from there.
Each school can book one kit for one term or one semester, depending on the kit.
The stem.T4L community
The stem.T4L project is designed to not only support your journey with the stem.T4L kits, but to also provide an avenue for ongoing support, collaboration, and development.
Make sure you connect with others talking stem.T4L through our online communities of practice:
For more information get in touch with the STEMShare team: