Purchasing Microsoft licenses
How to Order Microsoft Software for Work - DoE computers
Microsoft licenses that are not included in the Microsoft enterprise agreement have to be purchased before being installed on DoE computers.
The Microsoft licenses that can be purchased using this process are the following: (see note 1 below)
- Visio Standard and Professional
- Project Standard (see note 2 below)
- Go to the online ordering website of the suppliers, Insight Enterprises Australia Pty Ltd, click on "NSW DoE Schools & State Offices Shop" (you will find a User guide on this page), access the shop and select your products from the list.
- You will be able to print out an order summary that you can use as a quotation for the licences.
- Organise to raise a purchase order through SAP (using the Describe Requirement option) to Insight Enterprises Australia Pty Ltd (Vendor number 100024116 in SAP).
- Send the order summary and your purchase order to Insight Enterprises (email NSWDEC@insight.com).
- The Proof of License Purchase certificate will be emailed to the DoE email address of the person whose name and email address is noted in the top right of the purchase order, within a week of the purchase order being raised. As this is a software asset, please retain a copy of this Proof of License Purchase certificate in your unit?s asset records (see note 3 below).
- Organise with your IT Support team to install the software. You may need to log an EDConnect call, if required. Your IT Support team may ask to view the Proof of License Purchase certificate. Plese retain this certificate as proof of license if you need to re-install or transfer the license to another machine.
The following Microsoft products are not listed in the Insight shop but can be quoted on request by emailing NSWDEC@insight.com or calling 1800 081 920.
- Imagine Academy per school campus subscriptions
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam vouchers.
- Microsoft Visio and Project licenses are NOT upgradeable to newer versions without purchasing the full new version outright.
- If you are a Project Hub user, you may not need to purchase a Microsoft Project Standard license. Please contact ITDPPS@det.nsw.edu.au to confirm requirements.
- It is the responsibility of the unit purchasing the licenses to maintain a record of licenses purchased and allocated within the unit.
- Microsoft only sells the latest version licenses for Visio and Project. Users who purchase these software licenses are allowed to install older version on their computers, if that is their local standard. In this situation you will be able to upgrade to the purchased version without additional cost if local standards change.
Please email SoftwareServices@det.nsw.edu.au if you need to purchase any Microsoft licenses that are not listed above and are not included in the enterprise agreement.