Share an inbox
Sharing folders other than Inbox (owner)
- Right click on your name, on the left hand side of the window
- Select ‘Permissions’
- Select the + plus symbol
- Enter the name of the person you want to give permission to see your folder
If the person’s name does not appear, select Search Contact and Directories
- Select ‘Add’
- The person will now appear on the list, with a default permission level of none
- Select the person’s name
- Select the desired permission level from the Permissions drop down menu
You can only share your inbox in this way
For information regarding sharing other folders please see other information guides
Adding a Shared Folder (Recipient)
- Right Click on your name, on the left hand side of the window
- Select add shared folder
- Enter the name of the person who has given you permission to see their inbox
- Select Add
The shared folder will be listed under your folders on the left hand side of the screen
To remove the shared inbox right click on the name of the person and select Remove shared folder
Sending an email from a shared mailbox
You must have send as permission to send emails on behalf of that mailbox.
Permission must be granted by the person who gave you the permission to access their mailbox.
- Go to the share inbox
- Open a New Email message
- Select the ‘Option’ tab on the ribbon and select ‘show From’
The From field will default to your email address
- Right click on your email address
- Select ‘Remove’
- Type in the name of the mailbox the email is to be sent from
This ensures return correspondence goes to the shared mailbox; not your personal mailbox
- Create the message as you normally would, then ‘Send’
- The recipients will the see the message was sent by you on behalf of someone else.
- Your signature will default as the signature for this email.
- You may delete this or add additional information before or after however it cannot be edited.
- If sending emails on behalf of someone frequently, you may wish to set up a signature reflecting this.