Microsoft Office 2016 for Schools
Microsoft Office 2016 is now available in the enterprise software section of the Universal Desktop Manager (UDM) for schools to deploy to devices as required.
Office 2016, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, Access and Outlook is the latest version of the Microsoft desktop productivity suite available for schools to install on their Windows computers.
Teachers, students and school administrators already using Office 365 will be familiar with the O2016 colour scheme, ribbon bands and menus and the desktop version of Outlook 2016 has a layout and tool set similar to the Outlook Web App available in the DoE Portal.
Enhanced collaboration features links O2016 desktop applications with online Office 365 counterparts as well as OneDrive storage. Staff and students will be able to:
- create assignments, class notes and more, using the full application or in the browser
- share documents and files with colleagues or students with the click of a button
- create and save documents such as class work, videos, audio files and pictures in a secure online location that can be accessed anywhere, anytime on any device.
- share and collaborate on these creations with other users anywhere on any device in real time
- use OneNote Class Notebook Creator to; set up a personal workspace for every student, create and manage a content library and create collaboration spaces
What's new in Office 2016