- Responsible for ensuring availability in order to meet business requirements.
- Work collaboratively to define the Service and manage and deliver according to endorsed service expectations.
- Represents the user community in the use of the service.
- Defines policy and business processes for the service.
- Decision maker on the priority of enhancements and changes.
|Building block owner
- Responsible for the endorsed underpinning building blocks of process, applications and infrastructure.
|Major incident manager
- Declare Major Incident and manage recovery teams to MIM resolution
- Follow the recovery test script and recovery plan and follow standard recovery procedures.
- Participate in and manage all stages of the recovery test management procedures.
- Identify and manage risks within the infrastructure environment for which they have direct responsibility.
- During testing, record any difficulties including procedural activities that are not recorded or linked, time targets not met and recovery failures.
- Produce the test management outputs and deliverables to the correct level of quality as per endorsed procedures, such as, the post recovery test report.
- Understand the test process from all levels.
- Be familiar with the recovery plan being tested.
- Ensure the test environment is correctly prepared and available as per endorsed procedures.
- Coordinate the production and execution of the test script.
- Conduct a pre-test and briefing (except walk-through test), and post-test debriefing.
- A recovery team is a virtual team which exists for the duration of the recovery process. They follow the endorsed recovery procedures. The recovery management team includes:
- The Major Incident Manager.
- Leads of the relevant recovery teams.
|Disaster recovery group
- Responsible for overall governance and management of the process.