The department is supported by many policies and procedures. Information and communication technology (ICT) is subject to constant change and risks so policies are in place to guide the appropriate measures and security required to manage the change and risks while empowering staff and students to benefit and learn.
Policies applicable to the use of ICT in schools and corporate include but are not limited to:
- Social Media Policy
- Code of Conduct Policy
- Student use of digital devices and online services
- Communication Devices and Associated Services Policy
- Media Relations Policy
- Values in NSW public schools
- Controversial Issues in Schools
- Records Management Program
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.