SMS - send via email
Sending an SMS
Open a new email message in Microsoft Outlook or Staff Email
- In the To: field enter the recipients SMS number in the format RecipientSMSnumber@sms.det.nsw.edu.au. You can send to multiple recipients, separate names with semicolons ‘;’
- Do not include images or your signature block.
- Your message can be a maximum of 160 characters long.
Receiving an SMS
The SMS message will appear as follows on the recipient’s mobile phone:
- ‘F’ indicates who the message is from.
- ‘S’ indicates the subject
- ‘M’ indicates the body of the message