Turning off ICT infrastructure over the holiday period can stop important software upgrades and antivirus and security updates. We recommend that you do not turn off the following:
- The Cisco router that connects your site to DoE
- All other devices in the main data cabinet
- Your school's eT4L Server and UPS
- DER DIP servers in schools not migrated to eT4L
- Connected Classroom cabinet and other VC units
If you turn these devices off, the updates will take place on your return to school and slow down your network access during the busy first days of Term 1 the following year.