Fax - send a fax via email
Faxination allows all staff to send a fax from their inbox to any fax machine in Australia. The process is similar to sending an email message.
- Your email forms the coversheet.
- You can attach files to the email, including scanned PDFs and Word documents.
- For each fax you will receive a notification email indicating success or failure of your message transmission
Sending a fax
- Open a new email message in Microsoft Outlook or Staff Email
- In the To: field enter the recipients Fax number in the format RecipientFaxnumber@fax.det.nsw.edu.au
- You can fax to multiple recipients, separate names with semicolons ‘;’
- Attach any files required
- Keep your email signature box
- Send as per a normal email
- You will receive an email notificating you of success or failure of transmission(usually within 30 minutes). The service will retry sending the fax up to three times if necessary.