What we do
Our ICT environment is Australia's largest, supporting more than 127,000 employees, 1.2 million students and 400,000 devices on 2,500 NSW sites.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) is responsible for providing state-of-the-art information and communications technologies (ICT) to students and teachers in NSW government schools and other departmental staff.
This means delivering and maintaining the electronic administrative, corporate and learning systems used across the department, and ensuring that technology policies and standards are in place to manage, support and enhance the department's ICT infrastructure and services.
ITD identifies and assesses new and emerging technologies and makes recommendations on their potential benefit to the department. Our priorities are set out in the department's Strategic Information Technology Plan 2016-2019 available in accessible Word (DOCX 22.14KB) or PDF (PDF 3167.62 KB) and cover:
- customer-centric technology services
- strong and transparent governance
- common scalable technology for all
- standardised integration of services that enable information sharing
- enterprise services that transform our business
- technology platforms to enable evidence-based decision making in the learning and teaching and corporate environments
- fusion of virtual and physical learning spaces that enable future-focused learning
- work in partnership with learning professionals, business leaders and technology providers to enhance learning experiences and enable DoE strategies.