New Stage 6 syllabuses
- students in Year 12 will sit the first HSC examination for the new Stage 6 English, Mathematics Standard, Science, Science Extension and History courses
- teachers will start teaching the new Year 11 Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1 and in Term 4, the new Year 12 Mathematics Advanced, Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2.
The department is providing support for new syllabus implementation, including professional learning, resources and online learning opportunities.
Information about syllabus content can be found on the NESA website.
The following memorandum and attachments provide guidance on monitoring procedures to ensure Year 11 and Year 12 courses and student patterns of study comply with NESA and department requirements for the HSC.
- Monitoring of Higher School Certificate requirements for 2019
- 2019 HSC monitoring – memorandum to principals (DOCX 28 KB)
- Attachment 1 - Requirements of NSW Education Act 1990 – HSC (DOCX 42 KB)
- Attachment 2 – 2019 HSC checklist and reminders (DOCX 50 KB)
- Attachment 3 – 2019 HSC school procedures (DOCX 43 KB)
- Attachment 4 – 2019 HSC monitoring confirmation (DOCX 41 KB)
The document, Guidance on HSC Procedures (DOCX 57 KB), provides further assistance and suggestions.
The following memorandum and attachments provide guidance on monitoring procedures for the award of the Record of School Achievement (RoSA).
- Monitoring of Record of School Achievement requirements for 2019
If you would like assistance with HSC or RoSA monitoring requirements, contact:
Stage 6 Advisor
02 9266 8473