Assessment and reporting in Stage 6 involves requirements for the Record of School Achievement (RoSA) and the Higher School Certificate.
New Stage 6 syllabuses
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) has recently released new syllabuses for Stage 6 English, mathematics, science and history. These syllabuses will be implemented for the Preliminary Courses students in 2018.
During 2017 the Secondary Education unit (Learning and Teaching Directorate) will support schools and teachers in their planning and preparation by providing advice and coordinating the development of a range of support materials and resources.
Supporting the HSC
Schools may use Supporting the HSC (DOCX 37 KB) to develop and implement whole school processes and procedures to meet monitoring requirements for Stage 6.
The following HSC memoranda have been sent to principals on monitoring processes for the HSC. Please note they currently may not meet WCAG 2.0 requirements. If you require an accessible format please contact the Stage 6 adviser.
- Monitoring of Higher School Certificate requirements 2018:
- Memorandum to principals (DOCX 29.9KB)
- Attachment 1 – Requirements of the Education Act 1990 (DOCX 25.5KB)
- Attachment 2 – Pattern of study checklist (DOCX 24.2KB)
- Attachment 3 – School based monitoring processes (DOCX 20.7KB)
- Attachment 4 – HSC monitoring 2018 principal confirmation (DOCX 20.7KB)
- Teaching of Higher School Certificate students (DOCX 18.3KB) (staff only)
For further information, please contact:
Acting Stage 6 Advisor
02 9266 8473