Text version – The Creation Station – Our Journey To Educational Innovation
The Creation Station – Our Journey to Educational Innovation
Lansvale Public School undertook a journey to innovative teaching and learning practices through developing the Creation Station. This is a future-focused, multipurpose learning space with writable walls, a huge screen, innovative technology and flexible furniture to harness the idea of student-centred, future-focused learning.
Journey focus area
Flexible learning environments, future-focused teaching and learning opportunities and innovative student driven teaching practices.
Timeline and milestones
Idea devised and planning commenced.
Teachers implementing in their teaching and learning programs.
- Student-centred learning programs
- Curiosity and creativity harnessed across all grades learning programs
- Students challenging themselves and harnessing their own creativity
- Staff members targeted teacher professional learning
- Staff members integrating technology to build their professional capacity.
- Excitement when the project was first approved.
- Challenged throughout the planning and building phases.
- Sheer elation when the project was completed.
- Celebration of student achievement and consistent educational growth since launch of the Creation Station.
Main challenge and solutions
Main challenge – building student voice and student-centred classrooms across the school.
Solution – challenging students around creativity, communication, collaboration and curiosity in a meaningful and targeted manner.