Text version – STEAM learning
Refurbishment of computer lab into a makerspace with a specialist STEAM teacher providing project-based learning for all students, K-6.
Journey focus area
STEM and STEAM project-based learning initiative
Timeline and milestones
|2016 milestone||Open makerspace and commence STEAM project based lessons.|
|2017 milestone||Embed STEAM lessons as part of core curriculum.|
Positive impacts and emotions
- Greater student engagement
- Improved mathematical reasoning skills
- Learning from engineering design process
- 4Cs – Collaboration, Communication, Creativity and Critical Thinking
Main challenge and solutions
- Main challenge – Funding for space and equipment
- Solution – P&C fundraising.